So when is schoolies week?
Schoolies starts in November each year and goes through to the end of December. They take place every year after year 12 exams are finished. While varying from state to state, this year, the final day of exams is around the 17 November 2017. Schoolies celebrations start pretty much the following day in many areas and extending over the following few weeks.
As we mentioned in ‘What is Schoolies’, it traditionally is a party for a week or two in the Gold Coast. But for those looking for something a bit less ordinary and far more adventurous, Himalayan Schoolies is for you. With 2 week long journeys, departing bi-weekly from the start of November to early December, it's easy to jump in! There's an optional 1 week village extension, which means you can pick out the timing that that suits. It can work around your exam schedule, and other post-exam plans. You can be all done, wrapped up and home for xmas!
How long is a Himalayan Schoolies trip?
The complete Himalayan Schoolies trip takes you on a two-week tour across Nepal, where you’ll experience the full shambang - snow-capped peaks of the high Himalaya to the lush jungle near the Indian border (Yep, Nepal does have jungles!).
Each tour group will have around 15 schoolies and 2 or 3 tour leaders. What does Himalayan Schoolies involve?
You’ll experience so many different things in Nepal, including:
- Adrenaline inducing activities such as zip lining, paragliding, and bungee jumping
- The chance to make a difference in the lives of locals. By volunteering at a school, teaching the children English and playing sports
- Trekking through himalayan mountains
- Riding and bathing elephants
- Gaining a completely new perspective on life. Immersed in the vibrant and colourful culture of Nepal's capital, Kathmandu
- Seeing first hand the highest peak in the world – Mount Everest.
Why wouldn’t you want to get involved in a fun-filled two-week trip to one of the most beautiful places in the world? If you’re interested in taking part in schoolies with a difference, you can register your interest in the 2017 departures now. You can arrange monthly payments once you’ve secured your spot – click here to sign up now.